We are back at Sommet Morin Heights to finish off the season. The weather looks promising with some colder temperatures to allow for grooming. Keep the conditions in mind when teaching your groups.
We are in the home stretch! Keep up the enthusiasm, your goal is to make sure the kids have a great time! This is the day the kids will remember for the rest of the summer. We have had an excellent season so far! The students have enjoyed their lessons and we have seen lots of excellent teaching taking place.
On the last day, it is important to summarize to your students all that they have accomplished. Let them know what they have been working on and what improvements they have made. Your final lesson plan should not introduce anything new. You should review what you have taught over the season. Since you have been consistently submitting your lesson plans, you should have a copy of what you worked on each week 😉
CRAZY HELMET DAY – decorate your helmet
Do not talk about report cards or levels. They will receive their report cards by mail from the office in a few weeks.
The goal for the last day is for your students to go away happy and confident. Don’t introduce new challenges or more difficult terrain.
Choice of terrain: Ski/ride on appropriate terrain and at the speed of your class. Stop or slow down at intersections to avoid losing students making sure that all of your students are behind you. FAST ON FLAT is better than slow on steep.
Reduce the speed of your group as you approach the class signs or the chairlift.
Après-ski party: Après-ski party: We are going to meet at Comforts Bar in Morin Heights to cap off the season and give out some instructor awards.
If you are planning to teach in 2024…
· Keep your jacket. There are no fees to pay for your jacket in 2024 and beyond
· If your plans change and you are unable to teach you must return your jacket by October 25, 2023 or pay the balance owing $70 (if you have taught in 2022 & 2023) or $140 (if you have only taught in 2023).
If you are not planning to teach in 2024…
· Return your jacket after teaching on week # 6.
· If you wish to keep the jacket you must pay the balance owing $70 (if you have taught in 2022 & 2023) or $140 (if you have only taught in 2023).
If you are unsure of your plans for 2024…
· You can keep your jacket at home.
· Return it by October 25, 2023.
· Pay the balance owing $70 (if you have taught in 2022 & 2023) or $140 (if you have only taught in 2023).
Let’s finish strong so that everybody goes away with good memories. Think safety & fun!
On week 6 we will collect:
1. Report cards. Final cheques are mailed out only after we have received 100% of the report cards for the section.
2. Internal evaluation forms. These forms are used to place students in the proper classes next year. . Type of terrain each person likes best (green, blue or black). Aggressive or cautious, behavior issues and notes…
Report card writing contest: There will be prizes (lift tickets for et. al.) for the best written reports cards in the following categories…
· Best penmanship
· Sense of humour (used in an appropriate manner)
Report cards must be submitted BEFORE clinic. If you have any questions or need help filling out your report cards, please contact me ASAP. Do not wait until Friday night.
|Mont Sainte-Anne Staff Weekend |
Join us for some spring skiing and good times at Mont Sainte-Anne on March 24-26th for the annual Rod Roy Staff Weekend. Reserve your spot by sending an email to [email protected]. Includes 2 nights lodging at Chalets Montmorency (5-bedroom “villas” with full kitchens. Pool and hot tub on-site) and 2 days of skiing/riding at Mont Sainte-Anne. Carpools will be arranged. Staff rate is $195 (tax included). Friends are welcome! Friend rate is $235. If you are over 30 yrs old, you will need to take a 2-day Adult lift ticket, so the cost will be $40 more. Questions? Ask Cam or Doug this weekend.
We are still looking for instructors for Snow Camp, particularly the Wednesday and Thursday. Please let Cam know if you are available any day. Instructors receive $95 per day and can ride the bus.